Thank you once again to
Mr. Ronald P. Han, Jr.
Director, Office of Veterans’ Services, State of Hawaii
for serving as our special Community Guest Speaker this past March 16, 2018.
Special Acknowledgment to all of our Veterans & families who joined our meeting. Mahalo also to our Maunalani Veterans Club Advisors—Ms. Lynn Heirakuji & Mr. Joe Kim—-for their presence and continued support.
The Office of Veterans’ Services (OVS) is the principal state office responsible for the development and management of policies and programs related to veterans, their dependents, and/or survivors. The OVS acts as a liaison between the Governor and veterans’ organizations and also between the Department of Veterans Affairs and individual veterans. OVS’ objectives are to assist veterans in obtaining State and federal entitlements, to supply the latest information on veterans’ issues and to provide advice and support to veterans making the transition back into civilian life.
Some of the key information shared at the meeting:
- 50th Commemorative Events honoring our nation’s Vietnam War Veterans
- Rededication of WWII Memorial (by Punchbowl & King St.)
- Congressional Gold Medal Ceremonies in Hawaii to honor WWII Filipino Veterans
- Legislation: Disabled veterans car registration, GWOT Memorial, WWI Centennial funding
- Requesting additional congressional funding for additional State Veterans Homes