Click on a Question to reveal the answer:
When did Maunalani open?
What levels of care does Maunalani provide?
We provide skilled/intermediate (SNF/ICF) levels of care with 100 beds.
What are the visiting hours?
There are no set visiting hours, it is the residents choice on when to have visitors.
Do you have a waiting list for long term care and what are the rates?
Yes, for detailed room rates contact the Admission Office at 808-695-2818.
Do you accept Medicare and Medicaid?
Yes, we accept Medicare and Medicaid and other private insurances.
What is the ratio of residents to CNA?
During the day shift the average is 7:1, Evening shift it is 10:1, Night shift 12:1.
If my loved one needs assistance to eat/walk/dress/get to activities who will assist them?
Depending on the residents’ need the CNA or other staff will assist the resident.
Are the residents able to go out of the facility for an outing?
Yes, residents can go out on pass with the approval of their doctor and responsible person.
What time are the meals served and where can they eat?
- We have a dining room for all meals.
- Residents can choose to either eat in the dining room or have in room service.
- Breakfast service in the dining room is from 6:30 am. – 9:00 am.
- Lunch service in the dining room is from 11:30 am. – 1:00 pm.
- Dinner service in the dining room is from 4:30 pm. – 6:00 pm.
Do you have a hairdresser on site?
There is a hairdresser & manicurist that provides services on Sundays ask staff for a price list.
Do the rooms have televisions and cable access?
- You can bring in your own TV which should be no larger than 19”.
- You can contact the cable company directly to have cable service installed.
Do you have a library or computer room?
- Yes, there is a library filled with magazines/newspapers/books.
- Yes, there are several computers for residents to use.
Is there a telephone in the room?
- Each bed has the capability to have a corded telephone at bedside.
- Refer to the Resident Manual for the direct phone number.
Do you have Internet and Wi-Fi services available?
Do you provide activities for the residents?
Yes, refer to the monthly activity calendar or call 808-695-2813.