Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
The increase in positive COVID-19 cases occurring not only across the globe but also impacting us here at home reminds us that there is still a pandemic happening. We remain diligent in our infection control practices and today is no different in our efforts. With the recent surge of positive cases, the CDC has recommended that counties, Honolulu, with substantial to high transmission rates are to take additional precautions. That being said, today we are going to implement new requirements to protect our staff, residents and visitors. Please adhere to the following:
- Everyone with direct contact with resident must wear a face shield.
- Face shield must be sanitized after each resident contact.
- Spray disinfecting solution on tissue; clean the face shield inside first, then clean the outside.
- Staff will remind visitors to bring their own face shield.
- If they don’t have one we will provide one (different from the ones used by staff) until available supply is used up.
- Face shields are not required when being present on the units and not having direct physical contact with residents.
Thank you for your support and understanding. We are doing what we believe is the right thing – getting vaccinated and getting the booster as soon as possible while we protect each other along the way.
Hang in there, and we will continue to get through this.
Sai Chantavy, CEO