Through our twice weekly COVID testing of staff at Maunalani, we received confirmation today that an on-call employee who worked for us one day last week on the second floor, tested positive for COVID-19. The individual is currently isolating at home.
We tested all staff and residents on the unit. All initial results are negative. We will test again on Saturday, September 4th . In the interim, residents and staff on the unit are under observation and will remain so until we have the results of the 2nd test.
We have consulted with our Medical Director, Dr. Patricia Blanchette, MD, notified the State Department of Health and we are following the CDC guidelines.
We must temporarily suspend regular family visits, except for outdoors compassionate care during this time. You are welcome to continue to use video calls and phone calls to stay in touch with your loved ones on the 2nd floor.
There is no change for our 3rd floor and Castle wing residents. While you are visiting, please observe the following as we strive to provide the safest environment for you and your loved ones:
- Call to schedule your visit in advance.
- Provide your name and phone number as they may be needed for contact tracing.
- Wear a mask and face shield during your visit.
- One visitor per resident for 30 minutes.
- We will accompany you to your loved one.
- You are welcome to bring outside food for your loved one to enjoy, but you may not remove your mask and consume the food with your loved one, even at a distance.
We thank you for your understanding and support!