We have completed our second round of testing for staff and residents today and are pleased to inform you that the results have been negative. Visitation for the 2nd floor residents may take place outdoors, away from resident rooms starting tomorrow September 5, 2021.
Please continue to observe the infection precaution practices we post throughout the facility and help prevent the virus from coming in.
Additionally, we urge anyone who has not received a COVID vaccine to do so as soon as possible. With the increased number of confirmed cases in Oahu, regulatory agencies may restrict unvaccinated individuals from coming into the facility, so please visit https://www.vaccines.gov/ to schedule your appointment.
To visit your loved one at Maunalani, please observe the following as we strive to provide the safest environment for you and your loved ones:
- Call to schedule your visit in advance. Outdoor visits are strongly encouraged.
- Provide your name and phone number as they may be needed for contact tracing.
- A face mask and face shield or eye goggles are required during your visit. Please keep them on at all times, even outside.
- One visitor per resident for 30 minutes/day. No group gathering, even outside.
- You are welcome to bring outside food for your loved one to enjoy, but you may not remove your mask and consume the food with your loved one, even at a distance.
- Please do not be upset with our staff if you are asked to leave for not complying with our requirements. We truly are trying to protect your loved one.
Thank you for your understanding and support to help keep everyone safe!