Employment Opportunity: Billing Assistant (Full-Time)
Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Primary Purpose of the Job:
Assists the Billing Specialist and Director of Resident Accounts with daily and periodic operational functions of the facility.
To perform tasks required for accurate Census and Billing systems.
To maintain the reception area in an effective and efficient manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintaining accurate daily census reports and billing profiles.
- Coding/posting cash receipts and ancillaries.
- Auditing claims and reimbursements.
- Monitoring A/R aging accounts.
- Preparing statements and claims.
- Following-up on resident account/census/billing inquiries, claim rejections, collections, and appeals.
- Communicating with Medicaid and other ancillary vendors.
- Greeting/directing visitors at the front desk, answer incoming calls, and all other front office duties.
Please answer the following questions in your job request:
- How many years of billing experience do you have?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Working knowledge of Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) insurance and billing processes
- At least three (3) years of SNF billing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and accounting.
- Typing and 10-key adding machine skills.
- Must be computer literate, well versed in using MS Office software (Word, Excel, and databases).
- Detail oriented accurate data entry skills.
- Must have good phone and customer service skills.