March 6, 2023
We are currently experiencing stomach virus episodes in our facility.
As a precaution, affected residents will remain in their rooms until 24 hours after the symptoms are cleared, normally in 48 -72 hours. We have consulted with our Medical Director Dr. Blanchette and following her recommendations.
Visitation in the rooms is not encouraged at this time. However, if you must visit, please:
- Be free of symptoms; one visitor at a time.
- Limit your movements to only the resident you are visiting.
- Refrain from contacting anything on the units.
- Consult with the unit nurse regarding precautions and appropriate PPE to use before going into the room.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after your visit. (Alcohol hand sanitizer is not effective against the virus).
- Limit touching the affected resident, clothing and/or bedding.
- Encourage resident to take in as much fluids as possible and stay hydrated.
Asymptomatic residents may leave their rooms for dining and other activities in the common rooms.
Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please, feel free to contact our Director of Nursing Brandi Sugihara, RN at (808) 695-2802.