Aloha Maunalani Family,
We want to update you on the current status of the stomach flu that we last reported on.
As of 3.10.23, we have 3 residents who are still under contact precautions and being closely monitored. Residents who have cleared are now able to participate in their regular activities.
As a precaution, we want to remind you to observe these while you are visiting.
- Be free of symptoms; one visitor at a time.
- Limit your movements to only the resident you are visiting.
- Refrain from contacting anything on the units.
- Consult with the unit nurse regarding precautions and appropriate PPE to use before going into the room.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after your visit. (Alcohol hand sanitizer is not effective against the virus).
- Limit touching the affected resident, clothing and/or bedding.
- Encourage resident to take in as much fluids as possible and stay hydrated.
Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please, feel free to contact our Director of Nursing Brandi Sugihara, RN at (808) 695-2802.