To: Maunalani Residents and Families
Re: COVID Update
At Maunalani we continue to remain very diligent in monitoring all our staff and residents. Prior to any new admission we require a negative COVID-19 test. Additionally, new residents are placed in a designated observation unit where they are closely monitored. Last evening, we learned through our own testing, that a recent admission has tested positive. To limit exposure to other residents and staff, the affected resident is currently receiving care in the hospital.
Presently, there is no other resident or staff with COVID-related symptoms at Maunalani. To ensure their continued safety and sense of security, we are working under the close direction of our Medical Director, Dr. Patricia Blanchette, MD and the State Department of Health to test all our residents and employees in the observation unit, as well as anyone who would like to get tested.
We appreciate all of your well-meaning and constructive feedback while we continue to be vigilant in keeping the virus out.
- In addition to surgical masks, our caregivers are now wearing face shields.
- If/when working with affected residents, full protective gowns will be used.
- We have enhanced our cleaning and disinfecting procedures for high-touch surfaces.
- Staff break areas are spread out to maintain safe social distances.
- We expanded our screening questionnaire for all who come to Maunalani and will continue to make necessary modifications as more is learned about the pandemic.
Regretfully, we must cancel the Drive with Aloha program, and halt new admissions into the facility until further notice. You can call us to set up Facetime, Zoom or Skype to communicate with your loved one.
As the community continues to experience record breaking numbers of infections, we can only hope and pray for the best. We wish you continued health and safety.
Thank you for your unwavering support. We will continue to update you as appropriate. Please, feel free to contact our Director of Nursing at 695-2804 or myself at 695-2801 if you have any questions.