May 15, 2020
To Our Family Members:
Our ongoing diligence has kept the virus out thus far. At this time we have ZERO suspected cases of COVID-19 among our residents or staff. We are staying in very close communication with state and federal health officials to ensure we are current with all appropriate practices.
In the event we have a confirmed case for COVID-19 in our facility:
- We will contact you if your loved one is suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19.
- However, we will not be able to share any specific information about any confirmed case(s) in our facility due to patient privacy laws. (Only their legally responsible party will be notified).
- Our COVID-19 specific response team will be immediately deployed
- MAUNALANI will provide pre-designated quarantine areas for individuals testing positive for COVID-19
- Please note, the CDC does NOT recommend transferring residents—either home or to the hospital—to eliminate the potential of spreading the virus into the public community and hospital system, unless the care requirement is beyond the ability of the facility.
Thank you for your continued understanding and patience:
- All visits by non-essential health care personnel are still not allowed, except in end-of-life situations
- As the state begins to ease restrictions we are working to create a safe way for families to visit their loved ones at the facility. More information will be shared shortly. In the meantime please continue to connect through video chat, calling, texting, or other social media formats. Please contact us to schedule communications with your loved one
We need your continued help and support during this pandemic. Please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website to learn how you can help prevent the spread in our community.
We will continue to post the latest COVID-19 updates as available.
Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center