March 24, 2020
To Our Family Members:
We hope that you are safe and doing well at home as we continue to be vigilant in keeping the coronavirus out of Maunalani.
Here, our dedicated and loyal staff are ensuring that proper care continues for our residents. We would like to share the following activities:
• All Maunalani employees are considered essential and are required to report to work (unless sick).
• As a contingency plan, we started to train various staff members to perform tasks beyond their normal duties.
• Our residents continue to be provided activities and meal services while observing social distancing. In room activities and dining services are provided to those who stay in their rooms.
• Mail is being delivered to residents as we receive it.
• To reduce risks, we have temporarily suspended several personal services such as hair salon, massage, dental, private duty sitter, etc.
• We continue to observe the CDC guidelines and stay current with State and local updates.
Please, continue to drop off supplies, laundry and single-serving food items that your loved ones miss. You may drop off the items at the Castle front entrance via Maunalani Circle.
We want to reassure you that your loved ones are being cared for and we encourage you to continue to stay in contact with them through various communication means via Skype, Facetime, phone calls, etc. Please let us know how we may help in meeting your specific needs.
For additional updates, please refer to our website at: http://maunalaninursing.org/category/coronavirus-updates/. If you would like to receive direct updates, please, provide us with current cell phone number and/or e-mail address.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Marian Yoshimura, RN Director of Nursing 695-2804, or
Jerome Flores, Director of Finance/Chief Operating Officer 695-2803
Thank you for continuing to work with us to ensure the care needs of your loved ones.