March 17, 2020
To Our Family Members:
We know you are concerned about the COVID-19 being reported in the media and how it is impacting us here at Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. We want you to know that we are implementing practices as directed by the CDC to prevent the virus from entering our facility. Here’s an update:
- We appreciate your continued support and understanding regarding the no visitation policy.
- Maunalani will continue to provide laundry services, however you may drop off supplies and clean laundry for your loved one at the Castle front entrance via Maunalani Circle. Please call us ahead of time and we can give you your loved ones laundry for washing if you would like.
- We want to reassure you that your loved ones are being cared for and we encourage you to stay in contact with them through various communication means. Please let us know how we may help in meeting your specific needs. To arrange electronic communication (skype, face-time, email, etc.) you may contact:
- Mariana- 695-2842
- Jerome- 695-2803
- Wentao- 695-2857
- Our staff is being closely monitored for any illnesses at the beginning of each shifts. Staff with symptoms of illness are being sent home.
- The vital signs of all residents are being checked twice a day in order to detect early signs of illness.
- We are providing activities and dining services while observing social distancing. In-room activities and dining services are provided to those who stay in their rooms.
- Medical appointments will be arranged and you will be notified if your company will be necessary.
- Maunalani is staying up-to-date with the CDC directives and our state department of health which continue to change very frequently and must be complied with. Please pay attention to the notices that we will post on our website at www.maunalaninursing.org as well as the text message updates.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
- Marian Yoshimura, RN Director of Nursing 695-2804, or
- Jerome Flores, Finance Director/Chief Operating Officer 695-2803
Thank you for your cooperation as we all work together to keep our residents and staff safe.
Sai Chantavy, Executive Director