Aloha Family Members and Staff,
Thank you for questioning and providing suggestions for Maunalani to review our visitation practices in light of the continued outbreak of COVID-19 in the community. We are also affected as members of the community. Currently, we have six (6) staff members who are confirmed positive. As part of our testing protocol, each of the staff were identified positive prior to working their shift. The staff are isolating at home. We are currently testing staff and residents on the 3rd Floor.
While complying with regulatory guidelines from CMS is important, we also listen to you and our residents in order to continue to keep everyone safe. At their January 3, 2022 meeting, Maunalani’s Resident Council understood that the Facility may not limit or restrict visitation due to the current CMS guidelines. However, Maunalani being their home, the residents have a say in the Facility’s visitation rules. We therefore respect the decision of the Council.
Effective today, our visitation rules will be updated to the following:
- Visits with loved ones are important and will continue safely;
- In-room visits will be limited to one visitor at a time and for “compassionate” and end-of life care;
- Family participation in caregiving should be encouraged;
- One visitor may be in the dining room at meal time with their loved one;
- Outdoors may have two visitors per resident.
- Visit time should be limited to one hour.
- Individuals with symptoms will not be allowed to come to visit.
We appreciate your understanding and patience. A special Mahalo to our Resident Council. We are proud and honored to serve everyone here at Maunalani! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Jerome Flores, Director of Finance/COO at 808-695-2803.