We continue to keep close watch on our entire facility. Last night, an employee on Castle Wing tested positive for COVID and was sent home.
- All employees are again instructed not to report to work when not feeling well.
- All residents in Castle Wing continue to be closely monitored and have their temperatures and oxygen saturation level checked every shift.
- We tested everyone on Castle Wing. Currently, no one else has tested positive or shows any signs and symptoms of illness.
- We will increase the frequency of testing by administering the antigen test to everyone on Castle Wing daily for the next 7 days.
- All direct care employees and visitors are required to wear a face shield in addition to a face mask.
- We enhanced the cleaning and sanitizing procedures with UV light treatment of the environment.
- Residents are encouraged to stay in their rooms to the extent possible.
- All unvaccinated individuals, including visitors are urged to get vaccinated.
We remain in close contact with DOH, CMS and the CDC; we receive on-going expert guidance from our Medical Director Dr. Patricia Blanchette, MD.
Thank you for your understanding and support. We will continue to keep you updated as appropriate.
Please contact our DON Brandi Sugihara at 808-695-2802 if you have any questions.
Sai Chantavy, Executive Director / CEO
Maunalani Nursing and Rehabilitation Center