November 3, 2020
Dear Residents, Family Members, Staff and Business Associates,
Since our last communication to you on October 13, 2020, we have been conducting regular COVID testing of all our staff and residents. We are pleased to inform you that all test results have come back negative. Things seemed to have stabilized and we are planning a gradual reopening of Maunalani to enable our residents to visit with their loved ones starting on Monday November 16, 2020.
We realize the conditions below may not be ideal. However, in order to accommodate all our residents and continue to minimize exposure, we must request that visitors abide by the following instructions:
- Visitations (per floor) will be by appointments only,
Monday – Friday for 30 minutes as follows:
- 9:30 AM– 10 AM
- 10:15 AM – 10:45 AM
- 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM
- 1:45 PM – 2:15 PM
- 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM
- Until further notice, we must limit visitations to one family member per resident per month. No children under the age of 14 will be allowed. We will re-evaluate the frequency of the visits based on our community positivity rates and conditions. Please note that visits via zoom and FaceTime will continue to be available.
- To minimize exposure, we encourage that visits take place in our outdoor spaces or dining room away from resident care units and bedrooms. However, we understand that there may be instances when visits must occur inside the resident’s room. If a visit occurs inside a resident’s room, there will be additional precautions implemented to protect your loved one and their roommates.
- Those visiting residents on the third floor must enter through the Maunalani Circle entrance, and those visiting residents on the 2nd floor must enter through the Sierra Drive entrance.
- You will be escorted to the visitation area and escorted out of the facility after your visitation time by a staff member. No visitors will be permitted to walk freely throughout the facility or on the campus grounds.
- To schedule a visit for 3rd floor, please call:
- Community Life Assistant at 695-2860
- To schedule a visit for 2nd floor, please call:
- Administrative Assistant Toni Mitsumoto, at 695-2837
- All visitors must wear a mask and face shield upon arrival to the facility AND during the visit AND maintain a 6 foot distance. Bandanas and Gators are NOT considered face coverings.
- A negative COVID-19 test (PCR or Antigen test) must be taken within 72 hours of your scheduled visit at the facility. Please bring a copy of your negative test result with you to the facility.
- On the day of the visit, please plan on arriving 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit to complete a screening questionnaire, have your temperature taken, and provide the results of your negative COVID-19 test.
Thank you for your patience. Please continue to work with us so that we may provide safe and loving care for our residents.